Maggie Bonanomi and a bunch of "Muguet"

In France, on May 1st, people buy a bunch of lily of the valleys ("muguet" in French) to bring home. So to celebrate May 1st, here's a small bouquet.


I also wanted to share with you the two folk art books I particularly like. I've had them for quite a long time. They are a real source of inspiration for me. The two books are from Maggie Bonanomi. As far as I know, there is another one that should be ready very soon!!!





The two project photos are from the books!

This is where I found the inspiration for the sentence "Gather up all the fragments so that nothing is lost" that I wrote on the banner of my Mystery Quilt block 1.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Until later,

Comments

  1. Hello David, je te souhaite à toi et à toute ta petite famille un très joli mois de Mai plein de Bonheur :-)
    Ton bouquet est tout joli : ici, il n'est pas éclos ....heureusement qu'il y a les fleuristes..
    A bientôt,
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour David,
    J'ai ces 2 livres et j'adore.
    Je t'envoie ainsi qu'à ton épouse et tes filles de beaux brins "italiens" de muguet.
    Marie-Claude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy May Day, the lily's look lovely and must smell divine, mine are not out yet.

    The books look great, love the acorn and leaf project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je découvre ton joli univers
    Le muguet chez nous n'est pas encore fleuri
    Merci pour ce joli bouquet et belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David, I have just found your blog, and I have enjoyed a lot with your beautiful works.
    I'll be following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. je vous souhaite un doux et riche mois de mai empli de jolies creations,....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment