Nantes 2016. Final post.

The quilt show was, this year again, fantastic. There are many more things I could have shared with you.

 If my photos were not  blurred, I would have shared the Mountmellick exhibition. There were so many different versions of the same quilt.  I paid special attention to the handquilting for inspiration.

I was happy to meet Di Ford this year again. My Mountmellick is now finished and waiting its turn to be quilted. I will now start Pendlehill and why not attend a class with Di next year?

I could have showed you the extraodinary boutis of Kumiko Geraerts if I had taken enough photos for a good report. But I am sure that if you browse the net, you will find photos.

Odille Bailloeul "Sourisville" exhibition was extraordinary too!

Brian Haggard's universe is very special and though I am not sensible to all his creations there were a few that I found really special.

It took me time to publish these few posts because I have spent all my (little) spare time quilting... which is a good thing as several projects are now almost finished!!

Last but not least, there is one corner in the quiltshow which sums up the atmosphere there : "Le coin des Blogueuses" / "The Boggers corner". Not only can you see different projects from the magazine but you can also meet different quilters, see works in progress and have a little chat.















 





It was another FANTASTIC edition! Thank you Quiltmania for this show. Thank you to all the artists who were available to talk and share their passion with us.

Thank you to all my FB quilting friends whom I have met and some for the first time, and those whom I spent time with, those with whom I went to the restaurant. It was so fun!!!

You have all contributed to a wonderful time in Nantes!!

Hope to go back next year but that will require some organization for me as it will not be during my holidays.

Until next time,

Comments

  1. Thank you for all the pictures, so nice for those who were not there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear David, I know how long it takes to publish so many photos, so I really-really appreciate you sharing with us!! Thank you a lot, it is such a pleasure to see all this. I will be coming back again and again to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to have met again this year and I hope seeing you next year. I already started counting the days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This show is so different from the shows here in the US: love Quiltmania and we were fortunate to have them this year at our show in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. I feel that I was at the show with you. Such lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Nantes too , but it is great to see all those pictures again. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh merci beaucoup David pour tous tes reportages et cet article sur le coin des blogueuses... je suis vraiment touchée ! Oh oui... que de rencontres et de partage... pleins de bisous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge thanks, David, for your lovely posts and beautiful pictures ! Those who could not make it there truly appreciate the large amount of time you dedicated to these blog posts and so to all of us. It was real candy for the eyes, I so enjoyed your pics and comments. I spotted one particular picture - the small hanging by Briar Root Primitives that has kept calling my name ever since I bought the magazine ! Is that conspiracy ?? LoL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely quilts.Thank you so much for sharing your photos With all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing the show with us, the quilts looked amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. So .. back in May I thought you meant it was your "final post" from the show ... but did you mean your FINAL POST??
    I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gail, Thank you for your message. Though I have been hesitating about closing my blog, I have finally decided to resume blogging so you should read new blogspots very soon ;-)

      Delete
  12. Bonjour David. J'espère que tout va bien car voilà trop longtemps que vous n'avez rien posté .... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Nancy. Je vais bien. J'ai beaucoup de travail et j'avais perdu un peu de motivation pour écrire sur le blog. Mais je reviens très vite avec quelques nouveaux articles :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment