For once...

... I am ahead of time and have finished part 3 of the SMC 2015 before part 4 arrives!! I still can't believe it! I am ususally so slow on all my projects!



But look at the sampler!!! How can you stop stitching it? It is really beautiful and stitching it over 1 with tent stitch on 40-count linen enhances its beauty in MHO.



The whole project is already looking gorgeous and I cannot wait for part 4.



I have not decided how I will frame it yet but have several ideas. I will decide when I choose in which room it will go. The framing will depend on the sampler itself, of course, but also on the surrounding frames on the wall.

As a reward, I will bake some scones for tea this afternoon, using the recipe Natalie gave on her blog.

Edit 6.30 pm : Well, I thought you would like to have a glimpse of my tea time ;-) My daughters and their friends, who had stopped by, enjoyed some tea and scones with us :-)



Until later,

Comments

  1. C'est vrai qu"il est magnifique ce sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, das ist wirklich eine Leistung auf 40-fädigem Leinen über 1 Faden zu sticken. Sieht toll aus. So fein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little sampler, David! I could not resist temptation and bought it yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this sampler. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly lovely. Enjoy your scones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'apprécie beaucoup la finesse de ce ravissant sampler qui rejoindra bientôt les précédentes merveilles que tu as déjà brodées, et je n'ai pas pu m'empêcher de saliver devant les photos de l'afternoon tea, présenté avec autant de raffinement que l'ensemble de tes oeuvres.
    Je te souhaite une sympathique rentrée.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toujours des petits points aussi raffinés pour ce magnifique sampler qui se dessine au fil des ces 4 mois......
    Bravo David pour cette belle avancée.
    Douce soirée.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sampler David! and a wonderful tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching David! Your scones look delicious. These patterns are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sampler is looking gorgeous and the scones look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Je ne sais pas si c'est ce superbe miniature ou la collation qui me plait le plus !!! ;-)
    J'ai attaqué la 4ème partie aussi et parts dans le projet de "bricolo du lundi ".
    Bonne continuation David et à bientôt
    Alexandra (AtelierFilles)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmmm scones smell good from the oven ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. je découvre ton blog, c'est très beau, je continue ma balade chez toi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peace to you and all your country - my thoughts are with you all at this sad time David, - all the way from Australia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's the first time I have read your blog. My thoughts are with you.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. My sincere thoughts are with you David and your beloved family. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness, Absolutely Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment