Summer stitching

It's been a long time... and high time to show you something.

As usual, I am very busy with my work and though I am on vacation for the summer break I have much to do for work and for a major professional project. But I do find time in the evening to play with my needles, finishing Di Ford's Mountmellick and The Basket by La Fée Pirouette. I have also found some time to start a new sampler.

Now that I have started stitching part 2,  I can show you  the first part of the Stitch Me Club 2015 project by Nataliejo from L'Atelier Perdu.

You know that I am a great fan of each project that Natalie designs. I have never been disappointed and I think she is a very talented designer, one of my favourite with Merry Cox and CA Wells.



As I did for the previous sampler that she had designed, I am stitching it on 40-count linen using tent stitch. It is teeny tiny but the result is really delicate.



The second part is  as charming as the first one and the four-part sampler is going to be another heirloom.

I know some of you had regretted not signing up for The Patches Of Life Sampler so if you wish to stitch this one, do not delay as it is available , as always with Natalie's patterns, for a short period of time (until the club ends).

Quilting and stitching brings me peace and joy in a manner I can hardly explain. Add to that some very good books on my nightstand, some flavourful tomatoes picked directly in the garden and prepared with some olive oil and fresh basil. Plus, the piano played by Louise who is now back after a year in the USA and her sister who is about to arrive before leaving for Seattle where she will study for the autumn quarter. Add also the long evening  talks with my wife for our future projects now that she has been cured from cancer. Not mentioning the wonderful lunches or dinners with friends from time to time. All this make my life a beautiful one filled with simplicity and love... I wish nothing else and enjoy every second of this blissful time. It really makes the work I have to do very easy and even enjoyable :-)

I wish you all a beautiful summer, and for my friends and readers in the southern hemisphere I hope you can stay warm ;-)
Here in the south of France it is VERY hot these days, so hot that eating on the terrasse for lunch is almost impossible!

Until later,

Comments

  1. David, so glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying life in France! Your stitching projects look wonderful. I live on the East Coast in Maryland and it is very hot here today as well. 95 with a heat index of 105. I work from home and too like to enjoy lunch out on our back deck under our canopy, but lately that has been difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post David. I am stitch Part 2 now, the pattern is so beautiful! I might not always finish Natalie's patterns but I make sure I buy them for future use! It was good of you to remind readers that they are only available for a short time. I am very happy that your wife is cured. Wishing you and your family all the very best. We have had the coldest winter here, all along the East Coast of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see your stitching David. I love the same designers as you. I stitching this sampler also. I'm working on part two now.
    I live in the Burgundy it's a very hot here , eating outside is not possible,there are many wasps and it is too hot!.
    I am very happy that your wife is cured.
    I wish you a lovely summer with your family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely project. All the designs I have seen from her are beautiful, unfortunately we all have to make choices regarding time spent on projects and I have decided to concentrate on quilting. I saw in our papers it is extremely hot where you are, we are having a lot of rain and grey skies so far.... would be nice if we could trade or mix up the weather a bit, wouldn't it? Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello David ! J'adore votre blog, continuez ainsi, je me régale ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, David, leer tu blog es un bálsamo para mí, especialmente hoy...gracias por compartir tus trabajos y pensamientos...
    Un gran abrazo, tambien para tu familia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always glad to see a new blog post from you - it is lovely to think of someone sitting under the French sky stitching away. I am also doing the 2015 Stitch Me club.
    ; first one for me and I am so enjoying it, uneven stitches and all! Enjoy the summer and blog again at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy summer to you and your family too, David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news about your wife. I wish you all the hapiness in the world together with your wife and daughters.

    And you are right, stitching brings peace.

    Would love to see what you are doing with your Mountmellick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, what a lovely post , David. I echo the sentiments expressed by other readers. It is lovely to think of you enjoying the simple pleasures of life . That is what it's all about! I have now been very tempted to sign up for the sampler....... With love PennyL in Dorset U.Kxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in the dead center of the states & we are having a hot streak too. You have to add humidity that is unbearable & that was last week. Today there is a breeze!! Love your stitching----gorgeous. Thank God that your wife is Cancer free!! Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post, David ! under the impression that you are grateful for what surrounds you, family first. Simple things in daily life can fill your heart and you make us feel blessed as well. You put it in words so nicely. I wish you a most wonderful summer, please keep sharing with us - Two months without reading you is too long !
    Your tiny stitches are gorgeous, I love tent stitch so much ! Not sure I am as talented as the two great designers you named, but thank you for writing it. It makes me feel I made the right decision when I quitted my job :-)
    Enjoy your summertime and your needlework !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah super et en miniature s'il vous plait !!
    Le projet est vraiment adorable, je ne regrette pas.
    A bientôt et bons petits points
    Alexandra (AtelierFilles)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a sweet sampler. I have just stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading past entries. (I am in Minneapolis, USA) After many home renovations, I am stitching once again. Right now it is the Helen Vertue sampler from The Scarlet Letter, but I can't wait to finish this so I can begin my first Gigi sampler--Isabella Fox! Wishing you a pleasant summer of relaxation and stitching! So good to read of your wife's good health too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your very good news about your wife's health must be such a relief for all your family. Your work is beautiful as always. Enjoy the company of your family and the delights of the Summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful sampler.
    Your part 1 looks fantastic.
    Greetings, Manuela (your new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and your stitching is gorgeous as always

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment