A quilted flower vase.




Two years ago, I spent a weekend with friends on the Atlantic coast and we attended a class with Cécile Franconie from Facile Cécile.


On that day, we embroidered a blue tit, or chickadee if you live across the ocean. I finished the embroidery quite quickly after that weekend but had absolutely no idea on how to use that piece... until a few days ago.



This is spring break here. I had some time and plenty of energy and creative ideas so I finally jumped into making something. And here is the result. I hope you like it. And I also hope that Cécile will like the way I finished this piece.





These last few days, I played a game with my FB friends asking them to guess what I would create. Well, nobody has found that it would be a flower vase but some were very close with ideas like a pencil box or a fabric scraps jar. It can be used for that too!



As I know many of my friends were waiting to discover what I would have made,  I ran to my florist's - one of the most beautiful shop in my town owned by a talented and creative lady - and she immediately made up a bouquet for the vase. Thank you Carine, it is a perfect choice for the vase. And because my quilted vase is not waterproof, it simply holds  a glass jar inside ;-)

And here a detail on the handquilting.



If you are tempted by this embroidery, it is included in Cécile's new book : Les fantaisies quiltées et brodées de Cécile. She has made a pouch with this embroidery.


Though, I am not the designer of the embroidery, I feel that making a personal finish, I have, for once, created something.



Now I will get ready for Brouage and Nantes. When I am back from the quilt show in Nantes, I will post photos for those of you who cannot go.

Another reason, for me, to be happy is that part 5 of my Di Ford Mystery Quilt is finished :-)

Until later,

Comments

  1. Excellente idée ! La broderie est bien sûr superbe. Ravie de savoir que le modèle est dans le nouveau livre de Cécile. ....j'aime beaucoup l'oiseau ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mais que veux tu que je te dise David ?? Mes mots ne diront pas mon ressenti !!'
    C est une merveille meme l original n est pas aussi beau ..tu peux etre fier de toi
    Claire
    Le seul bemol.... C est quand que tu donnes des'cours d anglais ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works are so delicate and..perfect! I love that flower vase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juste parfait et splendide... Je suis bien certaine que Cécile appréciera ! À vite à Nantes David ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. La je suis restée baba devant mon écran en voyant le résultat..... C'est une merveille.... Jamais je n'aurai pensé à un vase...... et pourtant j'ai cogité...hihihihi!!!!!!!!
    En tout cas bravo David, tu as fait encore très fort cette fois ci et chaque post est un vrai régal...... Tu es un vrai boosteur.... Car en voyant toutes tes merveilles cela me motive ++++++
    Belle fin de semaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moi, ce sont vos commentaires qui me motivent ;-) merci Zaza Passion et toutes les autres, ici ou sur FB :-)

      Delete
  6. That is a great idea you came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitchery is wonderful with the little bird and what a great idea for making use of it. Looking forward to your photo of Nantes as I doubt I'll ever get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vraiment magnifique avec ce tissus japonais celà me plait beaucoup et quelle bonne idée printanière et puis un en-cours de fini c'est bien continues bien ton Di Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Très jolie broderie et magnifique finition, bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi David! I am so glad I found your lovely blog today! Your last creation is very sweet and refined, congratulations! Greetings from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore ! Ce vase est absolument magnifique ! Merci pour cette merveilleuse idées ♥ Ton petit panier est aussi très mignon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flower vase. And I love the little basket next to it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful and such a great idea! Nice cookery book too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ce que c'est beau!
    ce "vase" et son bouquet créent une ambiance champêtre raffinée, et sereine incomparables...

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flower vase is so beautiful, you did a wonderful job !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic idea, your vase is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, David, qué maravillosa labor!!!
    Un saludo cariñoso desde Galicia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear David, the little tit is absolutely stunning! What a great way to use this design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh quelle bonne idée ce montage en vase.... bon je pense que je vais te piquer l'idée un jour ou l'autre.... c'est vraiment super joli ! A très bientôt David pour une rencontre en vrai de vrai !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Admirative de toutes ces créations, je viens souvent ici, ça me plait et je tague
    https://patchcath.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/very-inspiring-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  21. quelle bonne idée ! c'est magnifique !

    ReplyDelete
  22. C'est super joli ! Bravo Sylvie@ http://atelier63silenceellecree.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous job stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ton idée de finition est superbe, un grand bravo, j'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh que c'est joli ! J'aimerais savoir broder comme toi. J'ai pris des cours il y a 5 ans, cela me plaisait, je travaillais sur un ouvrage de christel elbaz (un chat dans l'aiguille) et puis la mercerie a fermé du jour au lendemain :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bravo David j’adore. Tu as eu l'idée d'une bien belle finition que Cécile va adorer j'en suis sure.
    La broderie est très belle, beaucoup de relief avec le choix des couleurs, splendide !
    Merci pour les photos que tu vas nous ramener de Nantes car après l'AEF, je fais partie de celles qui n'iront pas !!!
    Bonne fin de semaine là bas et à bientôt
    Amitiés à Cécile, j'attends sont livre avec impatience.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a sweet tweet to find you..you were not lost no doubt, I just had not seen your lovely stitches before....
    lovely view, lovely pics, lovely blog...
    bienvenue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment