The last block is quilted!

The last block is finally quilted.



For the four corners squares, I had drawn a beautiful feather crown. It was beautiful on paper and I was sure it would be great but....



.... once quilted, it wasn't  looking so great. The feathers were not really visible.

So guess what I did ?

Well, you got it!!! I unquilted that part and I can assure you it takes more time to unpick the small stitches than to actually quilt them.

I decided on something which is very simple compared to my first idea  but it is perfect for the block and sometimes simplicity is what is best.





Anyway, here is the photo of this last block.

 

I will now quilt the small and large borders. The quilting will be simple again so it only complements the whole quilting  in the blocks which is the main focus. Well, this is what I would like to achieve though...

It is almost the end of the school year for me. It's been a complicated and difficult year here and I am happy to be able to relax soon and gain some needed energy again.

I do hope it will not take too long before I can post  photos of the completely finished quilt.

Until later,

Comments

  1. Toujours aussi beau de voir ton avancée sur ce merveilleux quilt........... un quilting qui m'émerveille à chaque fois et grâce à toi j'ai pu faire de gros progrès dans ce domaine..... Merci David pour les petits tuyaux que tu nous donnent.
    J'ai hâte de voir tes dernières bordures finies et surtout de voir en entier ton quilt fini.... Ta fille doit aussi avoir hâte de pouvoir se l'approprier......
    Aller David les encore 5 semaines avant les vacances tu vas enfin pourvoir souffler...
    Bon & doux week-end avec ta petite famille.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you are a teacher? love the quilting - sometimes yes simple is best! Can't wait to see the quilt complete and see the whole quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siempre me han encantado tus trabajos...
    Que maravilla, me encanta.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done David. I hope you are able to finish this quilt soon. The feel of a finished quilt is so good :-)
    I wish you a deserved school break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great, David! Simplicity is the best policy they say..... ;)
    I know how much time it takes to unpick those tiny stitches,.. :(
    Whishing you lots of energy and a great vacation AND a finished quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting David, I hope you can finish your quilt soon.
    Wishing you a lovely vacation with your family and friends and a lot of cooking pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRECIOSO!!! ME ENCANTA DAVID ♥
    http://dreamspaki.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you, David! I would do the same if I wasn't satisfied with the result. Your quilt looks great, I am amazed how tiny and even your stitches are, I wish I could do that - still cannot get how to...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done David, your quilting is really beautiful. I wish you and your family all the very best and peaceful school break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unpicking just shows us how secure our quilts are. Your quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. belle avancée et joli quilting !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your patience! Unpicking quiltwork, I have never done that. The results are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vraiment splendide. J'ai hâte de voir l'ensemble...C'est si beau.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful quilting once again ! This lovely quilt is soon to bite the dust ;-) Yeehaa ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice, David. always enjoy seeing your projects. have a wonderful school break.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pour avoir vu la première version piquée, j avoue que la la simplicité ne fait qu enrichir ton superbe travail..sans doute est ce dû aux tissus ..trop fourni en motif . Et comme le dit zaza encore un grand merci pour ces moment s de vrais partages..ou l on apprend beaucoup...et puis imaginèrent qu un jour je pourrai être capable d'un si joli ouvrage me laisse rêveuse ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's going to be a lovely quilt, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's looking gorgeous. Enjoy your summer break

    ReplyDelete
  19. Encantada de conocerte David, me he quedado enamorada de tu blog. Me quedo por aqui para seguir tu trabajo de cerca, un saludo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment