Tradition with a twist : your opinion ?


Happy to have finally been able to upload one photo! I picked up this one because these days I am using all of Yoko Saito's techniques to finish the Quilt ME Club project.

I love trying new things and techniques but for appliqué, I prefer hand appliqué above any other techniques and I love to appliqué small bias strips using Yoko's techniques.

I can now also appliqué both tiny and big pieces without any shifting at all (which was my problem with big pieces).

Thanks to the class with Yoko Saito and also to the books with step by step photos, I am ready to tackle the Japanese projects that make me dream.

But back to the title  and the traditions in my family. For Christmas's eve, all my family members who are not in their in-laws' come over to my place. We spend the evening together around a nice meal with oysters and seafood as a starter, pan-sautéed scallops and vegetables as a main dish, cheese and dessert. We usually start dinner at 9:00 pm when we are back from mass.
On Christmas day, we go to my brother-in-law and spend the day with all my in-laws. We usually have foie gras, oysters again, roasted turkey with different vegetables, crepes and different other desserts. All the cousins are together and it's usually a fun day.

In my family, New Year's eve is always spent with very close friends. This year is no exception! This is a very late dinner and it often lasts till morning. The tradition with my friends is that each couple buys one inexpensive little present for one  couple. We number the presents and during the night we draw the numbers to know who got what. It's always fun. This is where I'd like your opinion!!! This year, I have another idea! I'd like that each couple buys a paperback edition of a book he has particularly liked and would like his friends to discover. Tradition respected...with a twist ;-) What do you think ?

We will gather this week to decide on the dishes so I will tell them my idea.

Well, if you have read so far, I'd like your advice about something regarding my blog.
Blogger doesn't allow me to post more photos on the free contract. They asked me to buy some storage space which I am willing to do but the only means is to make an unlimited subscription and pay month by month. I don't like that and I usually prefer paying once for the entire year.
Another solution is to create a new blog but I like my blog and don't want to get rid of it. If you've been through the same problem, I'd really appreciate if you could tell me what you think is best to do ?

Thanks a lot ;-)

I am looking forward to solving this little problem because I would like to share with you my Quilt Me Club quilt.

Until Later,

Comments

  1. I had the same problem some weeks ago. I made them smaller before posting them on my blog and now I have no problem anymore. . i have a Mac I don't know how to make them smaller on a Pc . Lots of Dutch blogs had the same problem and they all succeeded to post again after making them smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David I just had this problem but refuse to pay to blog! I have very limited IT skills so tried to start a new blog (which was sucessful) but as I did it under the same google account, they were on to me and still no free space! Now I am putting my photos on Picasa and I havent had any problems. DH told me to reduce the size of my photos but I dont know how to do that in Picasa (could do it prev in the usual system) but wil keep fiddling and see if I can work it out, just in case I use too much space again! I follow Chooky blue blogspot and she does NOT recommend deleting old photos..but her fix it instructions for this no space problem seemed to be applicable to the old blogger interface, so I didnt try - but they might make more sense to you! Downloading Picasa caused me a few issues, i lost my wifi connection and also had to reload our camera software - it might not be related, but it happened directly afterwards! Still I am back up and blogging and whats a post without a picture. Happy quilting, Sue SA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your answers so far ;-) I will try resizing photos in Picasa first to see if it works. I will keep you updated when I have the solution. Thanks again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Resizing the photos works!!! Thank you VERY MUCH!
    I did it in Picasa : Export /resize (800) and it automatically creates a new folder for resized photos.
    They were uploaded very easily.
    Thanks a lot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I store my on Flickr and so far have used very very little blogger space. I've also heard of resizing but cannot remember the dimensions. The smaller size is "free".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know the smaller size is free ;-) good to know.

      Delete
  6. I deleted a few photos from the beginning of my blog but now I downsize. I downsize my photos as I download from camera to computer as this option is available to me. It has now accepted all my photos.
    You Yoko Saito work is wonderful. I am still working on the Quiltmania BOM. Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also working on the Quiltmania BOM. What a quilt it's going to be be! Merry Christmas to you and your family too;-)

      Delete
  7. I love all this talk about oysters & seafood, my favorite kind of food!! Your holiday traditions sound really good to me! Thank you to everybody for all those tips, here in The Netherlands there is a lot of talk in bloggerland about running out of space. I must try to avoid it if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chouette idée cet échange de livre.... j'aime beaucoup ce challenge.... pour ton blog... je comprend ton dilemne... on est attaché à son blog... et ces problèmes techniques nous prennent la tête.... Bons préparatifs !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pour nous Noël se passera à la maison avec mes parents et mon frère qui arriveront du Var et de la Drôme. Par contre pour le réveillon du jour de l'an nous ne ferons rien car je travaille le 31 et le 1er janvier. Alors pas d'extra cette année pour la nouvelle année.
    Joyeux Noël David ainsi qu'à ta petite famille.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment