The new cushion has found its place in the upstairs living room which also serves as the music room for my wife and daughters.
I have used Marti Mitchell's templates to make the top. These templates are really awesome and has made machine-piecing very easy and precise thanks to the cut corners.
It's been quilted with black thread. It is barely visible on the black and yellow/black pieces but it gives a nice texture anyway. And because I had not quilted for quite a long time, it is better that it doesn't show much as it takes some time to make small and regular stitches again. I felt I was back to my usual quilting when the cushion was finished. I'd better not wait to long now to start quilting another top! No problem though, as there are three tops waiting to be quilted ;-)
I haven't received the curtains for the living room and the Roman blinds for my workshop but I am really looking froward to hang them. Meanwhile, I have put some of my stitched projects here and there to give a warm atmosphere to the room.
Well, it's back-to-school for me tomorrow. I will enjoy some stitching and quilting in the evening and will prepare the decoration for the holiday season ;-)
Until later... for an update on two of my WIPs,