In a few days...

Yes, it's almost here!! Only a few days, and I will be in class with Shizuko Kuroha and Yoko Saito. I have been wishing to do a class with them for many years.

I know that I will learn a lot from these two master quilters. And the Japanese techniques really impress me.

My suitcase is packed.

It will not only be the classes and the quiltshow but also a family week on the coast not far from Nantes. It is going to be a great week : family time, seafood, relaxing, reading, running, quilting and stitching...well, heaven on earth... and the ocean in front of me.

Tomorrow, I still need to pack my stitching and quilting stuff... I have a list ;-)

In the little time I had left this past week, I started sewing this :



It's going to be a lovely pouch. Do you recognize which designer it is from ?

I'm sure you know! But in case you don't, here are a few clues :

1. I started stitching another project from her that I talked about in the blog not a long time ago. I will have it with me on vaccation to finish stitching it.

2. I stitched a project from her last year that I photographed with a small branch of my blooming cherry tree.

Well,... if you haven't found (which I doubt), just wait as you will see both project finished before the end of May ;-)

Oops, I forgot... You may want to see the two projects I will work on in class ?

Here there are (both photos from Quiltmania) :

Shizuko Kuroha and her antique indigos


Yoko Saito's lovely basket.



Edit (22/04/2011)
I forgot to mention who else will be at the quilt show! I will be very happy to meet Linda Jenkins and Becky Goldsmih (Piece O' Cake Designs), the Australian quilter Lynette Anderson, Jan Patek, Bonnie Sullivan, El Feteris (Bobbin), Cécile Franconie (Facile Cécile), and Béatrice Meilhac with whom I made my first hooked rug last year. And there will also be plenty others I will discover ;-)
Until later,

Comments

  1. Wow, Nantes I want to go tooooo, lol. The quilt looks to die for, I am sure that something like that was displayed in Birmingham last year, looks so difficult but know you will make this a beauty:))
    The little basket is just stunning too, and no I do not know the block but will scour your blog now.
    Happy Easter and have a great family holiday, indeed what more do you want:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just one thing to say. LUCKY! lol! (I wish I could go with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful projects. Have a wonderful time in Nantes. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful holiday with your family and I wish you all the best with your two classes, lucky you!! Happy Easter to you and your family. Kindest regards. I look forward to seeing your photographs when you return. Kind regards, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like another fun and interesting class for you. I love the picture of the basket with the purse handle for a basket handle. What a great idea, I wish I would have thought of that one. I will have to use it though, it is so cool.
    Have a fun, safe and profitable trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is the name of that gorgeous floral fabric??? your blog and work are lovely.

    Adele in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore ton bloc !! ;-)
    Bonnes vacances et bon salon ! je suis sûre que tu vas en profiter et tu as bien raison : je vais faire pareil :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sauf erreur de ma part, Shizuko offrira ses ouvrages à un de ses élèves. Je croise les doigts pour que ce soit toi le gagnant. Bonnes vacances à toute la famille !

    ReplyDelete
  9. That will be like heaven on earth, David!

    Have fun and please show us what you made when you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. David tu t’es surpassé cette fois, que de fabuleux projets ! Et le sac de Nathalie JO j’adore !
    J’espère que tu pourras nous envoyer quelques photos de Nantes, quoi que je ne suis pas sure que tu en ais le temps.
    Deux superbes stages, je dois dire que je t’envie quand même un petit peu . Mais cette année je devais faire un choix et j’ai choisi les USA !
    Une très bonne journée,
    Amicalement,
    Isabelle C. (PEXIORA)

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est magnifique !!!!
    Je te souhaite un superbe séjour à Nantes !

    bizzz
    Valérie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Je te souhaite à toi et à ta petite famille un très agréable moment au Salon de Nantes :-)
    Amicalement,
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a great event - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh have a wonderful time! Love your new project you've been working on too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola David,conoci tu blog por Belen de Simply Patchwork,me encantan tus trabajos ,son grandiosos.
    Felicitaciones!!!
    Un saludo desde Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello david, on attend la suite avec impatience !!
    je crois que l'on te voit sur les photos de Cécile :)))

    Tu pourrais me dire où était ta location STP, ça a l'air top non ???

    Merci d'avance

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment