Wednesday, June 9, 2010

something new and different...

When I was at the Quilt Show in Nantes, I regretted not to have attended a class with Cécile Franconie. She is SO talented!!! A week later, I discovered her second blog where she gives online classes. She was offering a class for stitching beautiful flowers!! I had to give it a try!!! And it was fun!

When the embroidery was done, I decided that for the first time, I would try a personal finishing!!!
And the result is a pinkeep / threadkeeper. I only used things I had : buttons, paper flowers, rickrack... It was fun and I love how it turned out :-))

Would you like to see it ?

Here is the front with Cecile's flowers :



And here is the back :



I do hope that you like it too!!!

Now, let's go back to quilting... I have another cottage to stitch!

Until later,

7 comments:

  1. Bravo David pour ton pinkeep... que ce soit côté pile ou côté face c'est très réussit.
    C'est vrai que Cécile fait des merveilles as tu vu ces fiches toutes à tomber comment ne pas craquer....
    Amitié.
    zaza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we like it David!! absolutely gorgeous, you are a talented needleworker.
    The flowers are stunning and love the idea of putting buttons on for the flowerheads.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh David it's stunning, looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très joli, David, je vois que tes talents sont multiples ! Ces jolies fleurs nous feraient presque oublier la pluie qui tambourine sur nos fenêtres !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ces fleurs sont vraiment très jolies et j'aime beaucoup ta finition :-))
    A très bientôt,
    Amitiés ,
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really charming pinkeep, David! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. D'accord les modèles de Cécile sont très beaux mais tu les as magnifiés. Bravo, c'est superbe. J'adore. Bien amicalement.
    Françoise

    ReplyDelete