A stir-fry for dinner ?

We've all been very busy today and when time comes for dinner and we have nothing planned, we just open the fridge and see what's inside. Most of the time, there's enough for a stir-fry. We always have some fresh ginger, lots of fresh vegetables in the fridge and as we had three chicken breasts, I chose to do a chicken and ginger stir-fry. And now that I have open the blog I always keep my camera around to illustrate my future posts...
I cannot share the smells and food with you but I can share the recipe!
For this stir-fry, you need :
  • chicken breasts (sliced)
  • fresh ginger (finely sliced)
  • spring onions (finely sliced)
  • fennel (finely sliced)
  • cilantro leaves ( called coriander in British English I think!) roughly chopped
  • grilled sesame seeds
  • soy sauce (I use Kikkoman)
  • fish sauce
  • 1 spicy red chilly (chopped)

The fish sauce and red chilly are put on the table and you help yourself with chilly and/or fish sauce if you like!



In a wok (stir-fry pan), pour two spoons of sunflower oil and heat. When it's really hot, add the ginger and cook for 1 minute, then add the pieces of chicken. Give it a stir. When the chicken is almost cooked add some soy sauce (3 or 4 tablespoons), cook for 1 minute. Add the spring onions and the fennel and give it a stir and let on high heat for 1 minute.


It's done!!! Serve with steamed Basmati rice and sprinkle with chopped cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.

If, like me, you like it very spicy, add some chopped chilly and you can also pour some fish sauce on the chicken if you like it (I do!!)

We enjoyed it tonight! My daughters without chilly and fish sauce but my wife and I with both!


Meals are of great importance in France! Besides food, it's a time when we stop what we do and sit together around the table and talk and this time is very important for us and our family.
I do hope that you will try this recipe, and if you do, please let me know how you liked it!
Until later,


Comments

  1. Oh !!! cette recette m'a l'air tout simplement délicieuse et de plus j'adore le gingembre ....bon,il va falloir que je voie cela cela avec Maître cuisinier...et ce n'est pas moi..Merci à toi pour ce partage :-)
    A bientôt,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment